Sage – Energy Essentials
Removes Negative Energy • Clearing • Cleansing
Sage is a plant whose scent is revered for its ability to purify, protect and elevate space. With clear intentions established, use a white Sage Smudge Stick to open the mind up to forgiveness, compromise and other stages of emotional progress. Burning sage or smudging can have a significant impact when used after an argument, after an illness, before and after parties, after an intense workout, prior to meditation, when moving into a new space and during periods of grieving.
HOW TO USE YOUR SAGE SMUDGE STICK:
Your home should be a place where you can relax and rejuvenate for the day ahead. To keep your home vibing with positive energy, it’s important to cleanse the space. In fact, we recommend doubling down on your energy cleansing by also burning Palo Santo, a sweet smelling wood that helps balance the earthy smell of white sage. When you burn both of these cleansing tools, first the cleansing sage and then the uplifting palo santo, it makes your purifying practice even more powerful.
- Ask the plant medicine spirit of the sage to be there with you, and ask that it assist in purifying and cleansing you, your space, and your crystals. Hold the sage above the abalone shell as you light it. Let the sage stick catch fire, and allow it to burn for about 30 seconds. Then blow it out.
Expert Tip: When burning sage, we recommend holding it at a downward angle, which will allow the flames to catch hold. Then, gently blow out the flames and waft the smoke with a feather into areas that need cleansing.
- As the smoke wafts from the stick or leaves, first sage yourself using the feather to direct the smoke toward your body. We suggest starting at the top of your head and working downward toward your feet.
- Sage your space. Open your front door and all of the windows in the house to allow the unwanted energy to be released. Starting at the front door, sage around the outside of the door and frame. Now, walk back inside, and begin saging the space by moving counter-clockwise through it—this is symbolic of taking negative and unwanted energy out. Using the feather, waft the smoke into the corners of every room and up to the ceiling. Say these words out loud or silently: “I ask that the plant spirit of the sage please remove and release any negative energy from this space.”
- While you are cleansing your home with sage, take this time to also cleanse your crystal collection. Let the smoke of burning sage completely envelop each gemstone while you thoughtfully remind yourself of the intention you have set for it. Ask that the burning sage cleanse and activate its frequencies, releasing it from any previous programming or unwanted energy.
- Finally, to clear away any unwanted energy from any hands that have touched your crystals before you, immerse them in the sacred smoke of the sage.
- When you’re finished, extinguish the sage stick by snuffing it out inside of the shell or a fireproof container.
We recommend that you store your Sage Smudge Stick in a dry, dark place until you are ready to use it. All sales are final on this item. Keep out of reach of children, animals and flammable material.
You will receive One Sage Smudge Stick
4 in stock
Clarity * Concentration * Improves Memory